Green Business Certification Program
The North Coast County Water District has teamed up with the City of Pacifica and Recylce Works of San Mateo County to educate and certify busineess as "Green." The Bay Area Green Business Program is a successful partnership between the Cities, and County, environmental agencies and utility companies that assist, recognize and promote businesses and government agencies that volunteer to operate in a more environmentally responsible way. To be certified "Green," participants must be in compliance with all state and local regulations and meet program standards for conserving resources, preventing pollution and minimizing waste. Developed in 1997 by the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) and Bay Area public agencies in collaboration with US EPA, Cal EPA Department of Toxic Substances Control and the business community, the program is offered throughout the Bay Area.
Why should my business get certified as a Green Business?
- Saving energy, water and raw materials saves you money. Sending less trash to the landfill saves you money, too.
- Developing a positive, proactive relationship with local compliance inspectors can help you avoid liability, fines and other sanctions.
- The Program promotes Green Businesses to the public and other businesses (again, for free)!
- Your company’s community image is enhanced through Green Business certification.
- Your employees will enjoy a safer workplace and will have one more reason to take pride in working for you.
- The Green Business Program offers you free, convenient, time-saving assistance.
For more information, please visit the San Mateo County Green Business Program website.