- Turn off the faucet when brushing teeth or washing your hands
- Take shorter showers. Each minute you cut saves 2.5 gallons.
- Replace your old toilet with an ultra low-flow toilet.
- Install faucet aerators on your kitchen and bathroom faucets.
- Replace your clothes washer with a high efficiency washer.
- Only wash full loads of dishes in the dishwasher.
- Use a broom to clean sidewalks and driveways instead of using a hose.
- Water only what your plants need. Water your lawn only at night or very early in the morning.
- Plant drought tolerant and native plants.
- Stop leaks. To check for leaks turn off all water taps inside and outside your home. If the meter dial is moving, you may have a leak.